Headway is a popular tool for product management, helping businesses streamline their processes and improve efficiency.
However, it's always good to explore alternative options to ensure you're getting the best solution for your needs.
In this article, we will dive into some alternative tools that can offer similar features and benefits to Headway, helping you make an informed decision and find the perfect fit for your product management needs.
Table of contents
Wait, why would people look for alternatives?
Are you a Headway user who is looking for a fresh and exciting alternative?
Look no further because we've got you covered!
While Headway is a fantastic platform, it's always a good idea to explore other options that might suit your needs even better.
So, let's dive right in and explore why you might want to consider an alternative to Headway.
- Limitations: Although Headway provides a user-friendly interface, it does come with certain limitations. These limitations can hinder your creativity and restrict the full potential of your website. If you're craving more flexibility and freedom to design, an alternative might be just what you need.
- Cost: Budget plays a significant role in any decision-making process, and Headway's pricing might not be ideal for everyone. If you're looking for a more affordable option without compromising on quality, exploring alternatives can help you find the perfect balance between cost and performance.
- Support and Updates: Keeping up with the latest trends and technologies is essential for any website builder. While Headway does offer support and regular updates, you might want to explore alternatives that have a more active and engaged community. This ensures that you always have access to the latest features, bug fixes, and resources to enhance your website.
- Integration and Compatibility: For many users, seamless integration with other tools and platforms is crucial. If you find that Headway lacks the necessary integrations you require for your website, it's worth exploring alternatives that offer a wider range of compatibility options. This will enable you to create a more cohesive and efficient online presence.
- Learning Curve: While Headway prides itself on being user-friendly, every individual has different preferences and learning styles. If you find yourself struggling to grasp certain aspects of Headway or if you're simply looking for a fresh and exciting learning experience, exploring alternatives can introduce you to new and intuitive interfaces that resonate better with you.
Remember, the decision to switch to an alternative is a personal one, and it's always a good idea to weigh your options before making a final choice.
Headway is a fantastic platform, but there are plenty of alternatives out there that might better suit your needs and preferences.
So, whether you're seeking more design freedom, a more affordable solution, or enhanced compatibility, exploring alternatives to Headway can lead you to a world of exciting possibilities.
Embrace the energy of change and find the perfect alternative that will take your website to new heights!
What criteria did we evaluate in Headway alternatives?
In order to adequately evaluate Headway alternatives, we looked at a variety of factors:
- Functionality: What features does the product management tool provide? Are they comprehensive enough to offer in-depth information and support the needs of product managers? Additionally, how much flexibility does the tool offer in customization and generating valuable data for decision-making?
- Reviews: What are product managers saying about the tool? Does it have a positive reputation among the product management community? What aspects do they appreciate, and are there any areas of improvement?
- Pricing: Does the product management tool offer different pricing options to cater to various budgets while still ensuring access to essential functionality? Is the pricing model fair and reasonable for the value it delivers to product managers?
Now, let’s dive into Headway’s top competitors!
10 of the best Headway alternatives for customer feedback and product roadmaps
What is ProductLift?
ProductLift is a platform that allows you to collect and organize feedback from customers, teams, and stakeholders all in one place.
With ProductLift, you can quickly gather valuable insights to help you prioritize your product roadmap.
By understanding what your customers need, you can make informed decisions and build better products faster.
Check out their website here.
Pros of ProductLift
- Easy collection and organization of feedback
- User-friendly interface for efficient feedback management
- Robust prioritization matrix to help you make informed decisions
Cons of ProductLift
- No Intercom integration
- No estimated dates feature
- Limited language options (only available in Dutch, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese)
Reviews and Awards about ProductLift
ProductLift has received outstanding reviews from users, with a Capterra score of 4.9/5, a Google score of 5/5, a Trustpilot score of 4.4/5, and a G2 score of 5/5.
It has also been recognized as a G2 High Performer Small Business in Summer 2023.
Features ProductLift has that Headway doesn’t
- User profiles
- Prioritization Matrix
- Custom statuses
Features ProductLift misses
- Intercom integration
- Estimated dates
- Support for languages other than Dutch, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and Portuguese
How much does ProductLift cost?
ProductLift offers a starting price of $9 per month, making it a cost-effective choice for managing your product feedback and roadmap.
With their affordable pricing options, you can access all the essential features ProductLift has to offer without breaking the bank.
What is Rapidr?
Rapidr is a feedback management tool that allows you to prioritize your product roadmap based on user feedback.
With its user-friendly interface and comprehensive features, Rapidr helps you stay connected with your customers and make informed decisions.
You can learn more about Rapidr here.
Pros of Rapidr:
- Easy-to-use interface for efficient feedback management
- Ability to prioritize product roadmap based on user feedback
- Seamless integration with your existing workflow
Cons of Rapidr:
- Limited language options (Only available in English)
- No estimated dates feature
- No single sign-on (SSO) capability
Reviews and Awards about Rapidr:
Rapidr has received a positive review score of 4.5/5 on G2, showcasing its reliability and effectiveness in managing user feedback.
The tool has not received any specific awards, but its high review score speaks for itself.
Features Rapidr has that Headway doesn't:
- Ability to vote on behalf of users
- Custom statuses for better organization
- Intercom integration for improved communication
Features Rapidr misses:
- API for advanced customization and integration
- Single sign-on (SSO) functionality
- Estimated dates feature for better roadmap planning
How much does Rapidr cost?
Rapidr offers a starting price of $49 per month.
The pricing may vary depending on the specific plan and additional features you choose.
It also provides a 14-day free trial to help you explore its capabilities before making a commitment.
What is Feedbear?
Feedbear is a customer feedback and idea management platform that allows you to collect feedback, prioritize based on user votes, and keep your customers engaged with a roadmap and changelog.
With Feedbear, you can gather valuable insights from your users and use that information to inform your product development decisions.
Visit Feedbear to learn more.
Pros of Feedbear:
- User-friendly interface: Feedbear offers a clean and intuitive interface that makes it easy for both you and your customers to navigate and use the platform.
- Powerful feedback management: With Feedbear, you can effectively manage and organize all customer feedback in one place, allowing you to stay organized and never miss important insights.
- Roadmap and changelog: Feedbear enables you to create a roadmap and share it with your customers, keeping them engaged and informed about the progress of your product.
Cons of Feedbear:
- Limited user profiles: Unlike some other platforms, Feedbear does not offer user profiles, which means you won't be able to gather detailed information about your customers.
- No internal comments: Feedbear does not provide a feature for internal comments, which might limit communication and collaboration within your team.
- No estimated dates: Unfortunately, Feedbear does not offer the option to provide estimated dates for feature releases or updates, which could be useful for setting customer expectations.
Reviews and awards about Feedbear:
Feedbear has received excellent reviews from users, with a Capterra review score of 4.8/5.
Although there are no reviews on Google or Trustpilot, Feedbear has achieved a perfect score of 5/5 on G2.
Additionally, Feedbear has been recognized as a High Performer on G2 in the Summer 2023 category.
Features Feedbear has that Headway doesn't:
- Custom statuses: Feedbear allows you to customize the statuses of feedback and ideas, providing more flexibility in managing and categorizing them.
- Custom CSS: With Feedbear, you can apply custom CSS to tailor the appearance of your feedback boards and make them align with your brand.
- Single sign-on (SSO): Feedbear offers the option for Single Sign-On (SSO) integration, allowing your users to access the platform using their existing credentials.
Features Feedbear misses:
- Internal comments: Unlike some other platforms, Feedbear does not provide a feature for internal comments, which could hinder internal communication and collaboration.
- Prioritization Matrix: Feedbear does not offer a prioritization matrix feature, which could be useful for visually assessing the importance and urgency of feedback and ideas.
- Vote on behalf: Feedbear does not have a feature that allows users to vote on behalf of others, which could be relevant for cases where users want to support ideas from colleagues or team members.
How much does Feedbear cost?
Feedbear offers a 14-day free trial, allowing you to explore its features and determine if it meets your needs.
After the trial, Feedbear's pricing starts at $49 per month.
For an additional cost, you can also opt for Single Sign-On (SSO) integration and customization options such as Custom CSS.
Visit the Feedbear pricing page for more details on available plans and features.
What is Hellonext?
Hellonext is a platform that centralizes, organizes, and responds to customer feedback in one place.
With Hellonext, users can easily upvote on existing feedback from other users, providing valuable insights for product development.
To learn more about Hellonext, visit their website.
Pros of Hellonext:
- Centralizes and organizes customer feedback
- Allows users to upvote on existing feedback
- Provides a platform for responding to customer feedback
Cons of Hellonext:
- No free trial available
- Limited language options (only available in English)
- Relatively higher starting price compared to other platforms
Reviews and awards about Hellonext:
Hellonext has received a positive review score of 5/5 on G2.
Unfortunately, there are no reviews available on other platforms at this time.
Hellonext has not received any specific rewards or accolades as of yet.
Features Hellonext has that Headway doesn't:
- Private boards for enhanced privacy
- Weekly reports for better tracking and communication
- Internal comments for seamless collaboration
Features Hellonext misses:
- Prioritization Matrix for efficient task prioritization
- User profiles for better user management
- Estimated dates for improved project planning
How much does Hellonext cost?
Hellonext's starting price is $65 per month.
However, they do not offer a free trial and only have a free plan available.
For more detailed pricing information, you can visit their website.
What is Featureupvote?
Featureupvote is a customizable, easy-to-use, and affordable feedback board platform designed for product managers.
With Featureupvote, users can submit and upvote feature requests, allowing product managers to quickly identify and prioritize the most valuable ideas for their products.
By utilizing the platform's feedback boards, product managers can efficiently manage customer feedback and gain valuable insights to inform their roadmap.
To learn more about Featureupvote, visit their homepage.
Pros of Featureupvote:
- Customizable feedback boards for effective management of customer feedback
- Easy-to-use platform with a user-friendly interface
- Affordable pricing plans suitable for different budget ranges
Cons of Featureupvote:
- Lack of certain advanced features like internal comments, API, and single sign-on (SSO)
- Limited integrations with popular tools like Intercom
- No available reviews and ratings on Capterra, Google, Trustpilot, or G2
Reviews and awards about Featureupvote:
Currently, there are no available reviews or awards for Featureupvote on popular review platforms.
Features Featureupvote has that Headway doesn’t:
- Customizable CSS to personalize the appearance of feedback boards
- Ability to embed a widget in your product for seamless user feedback submission
- Option to vote on behalf of users to prioritize important feature requests
Features Featureupvote misses:
- Internal comments for internal team collaboration on customer feedback
- API for integrating with other tools and systems
- Single sign-on (SSO) functionality for streamlined user authentication
How much does Featureupvote cost?
Featureupvote offers a starting price of $57 per month.
For more information on their pricing plans and features, you can visit their homepage.
What is ProductFlare?
ProductFlare is a platform that allows you to capture roadmap ideas from your customers, showcase upcoming releases, and automatically notify everyone of your latest updates by email.
With ProductFlare, you can stay connected with your customers and keep them engaged with your product development process.
Check out ProductFlare here.
Pros of ProductFlare:
- Easy to capture and manage roadmap ideas from customers
- Ability to showcase upcoming releases to keep customers informed
- Automated email notifications for latest updates
Cons of ProductFlare:
- No private boards for confidential discussions
- No weekly reports feature
- No user profiles for better user management
Reviews and Awards about ProductFlare:
ProductFlare has received a positive review score of 4.5/5 on Capterra.
Although there are no reviews available on Google, Trustpilot, or G2, ProductFlare has gained recognition for its usability and effectiveness in capturing customer feedback.
Features ProductFlare has that Headway doesn’t:
- Ability to showcase upcoming releases
- Automated email notifications for updates
- Widget to embed in your product
Features ProductFlare misses:
- Private boards for confidential discussions
- Weekly reports feature
- User profiles for better user management
How much does ProductFlare cost?
ProductFlare offers a starting price of $49 per month.
While it doesn't have a free trial, you can explore the platform with a 7-day trial period.
Visit their website for more pricing details and subscription options.
What is Noora - include link
Noora is a feedback management software that allows you to collect, clarify, and prioritize product feedback from your users and teammates.
With Noora, you can easily gather and organize feedback in one place, making it easier to understand customer needs and prioritize your roadmap.
To learn more about Noora, visit their homepage.
Pros of Noora
- Easy feedback collection and organization
- Ability to prioritize product feedback
- User-friendly interface
Cons of Noora
- No free trial available
- Limited user profiles and internal comments
- No estimated dates feature
Reviews and awards about Noora
Noora has received positive reviews on Capterra, with a score of 4.8/5.
Unfortunately, there are no reviews available on Google, Trustpilot, or G2.
Noora has not received any specific awards.
Features Noora has that Headway doesn’t
- Ability to contribute without logging in
- Widget to embed in your product
- Custom CSS customization
Features Noora misses
- Private boards (available as an add-on for an additional cost)
- Weekly reports
- API integration
How much does Noora cost?
Noora offers a starting price of $29 per month.
Additional features such as private boards and internal comments are available for an additional cost of $59 per month.
Custom CSS customization is also available for an extra fee.
What is Aha!
is an idea management software that allows you to crowdsource feedback, engage your community, and analyze trends.
With Aha!, you can prioritize the best ideas and keep your product roadmap on track.
Check out their website here to learn more.
Pros of Aha!
- Aha! offers a 30-day free trial, allowing you to test out their platform before committing.
- The software has received positive reviews, with a 4.7/5 rating on Capterra and a 4.3/5 rating on G2.
- Aha! provides features such as prioritization matrix and custom statuses, which can help streamline your product management process.
Cons of Aha!
- Aha! does not offer a free plan, so there is a cost associated with using their software.
- Some users have reported that the software lacks certain integrations, such as Intercom integration and API access.
- The starting price for Aha! is $59 per month, which may be higher compared to other alternatives.
Reviews and awards about Aha!
has received positive reviews from users, with a 4.7/5 rating on Capterra.
While there are no specific awards mentioned, the positive feedback from users highlights the effectiveness of the software in managing ideas and prioritizing product development.
Features Aha! has that Headway doesn’t
- Aha! offers a prioritization matrix, allowing you to effectively prioritize ideas and features.
- The software provides the ability to create custom statuses, helping you track the progress of different tasks and initiatives.
- Aha! allows users to vote on behalf of others, enabling collaborative decision-making within your team.
Features Aha! misses
- Aha! does not offer an API, limiting the ability to integrate with other software tools.
- The software does not provide estimated dates for tasks and features, which may make it challenging to plan and communicate timelines.
- Aha! does not offer custom CSS, limiting the ability to customize the appearance of the platform to match your brand.
How much does Aha! cost?
has a starting price of $59 per month.
While there is no free plan available, they offer a 30-day free trial for you to explore the features and determine if it suits your needs.
What is Frill?
Frill is a feature request management tool that helps you collect and organize feedback from your customers.
With Frill, you can better understand customer needs and prioritize your product roadmap.
Learn more about Frill here.
Pros of Frill
- Easy to collect and organize feature requests
- Helps prioritize your product roadmap
- Provides valuable insights into customer needs
Cons of Frill
- No user profiles
- No internal comments
- No weekly reports
Reviews and Awards about Frill
- Capterra Review Score: 4.7/5
- Trustpilot Review Score: 4.6/5
- G2 Review Score: 4.8/5
Features Frill has that Headway doesn’t
- Prioritization Matrix
- API integration
- Single sign-on (SSO)
Features Frill misses
- User profiles
- Internal comments
- Weekly reports
How much does Frill cost?
Frill offers a starting price of $25 per month.
You can also try Frill for free with a 14-day trial.
Additional features such as private boards and custom statuses are available as add-ons.
Check out Frill's pricing plans here.
What is ProductBoard
ProductBoard is a product management platform that helps product teams get the right products to market faster by understanding what customers need, prioritizing what to build next, and aligning everyone around the roadmap.
With ProductBoard, you can collect and organize customer feedback, prioritize features using a prioritization matrix, and collaborate with your team to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Check out their website here.
Pros of ProductBoard
- ProductBoard allows you to collect and manage customer feedback in one place, making it easy to understand what your customers need.
- The prioritization matrix feature helps you prioritize what to build next, ensuring you focus on the most valuable features.
- ProductBoard offers an intercom integration, allowing you to seamlessly integrate customer feedback into your communication channels.
Cons of ProductBoard
- ProductBoard's starting price is $20 per month, which may be higher than some other alternatives.
- It does not offer a free plan, so there is no option to try it out before committing to a subscription.
- ProductBoard does not have user profiles, which may limit the ability to track and analyze feedback from specific users.
Reviews and awards about ProductBoard
ProductBoard has received positive reviews on platforms like Capterra and G2, with an average review score of 4.7/5 on Capterra and 4.3/5 on G2.
It has also been recognized as a G2 Leader in the Summer 2023 category.
Features ProductBoard has that Headway doesn’t
- Prioritization Matrix: ProductBoard offers a prioritization matrix feature that allows you to prioritize features based on their impact and effort.
- Intercom Integration: ProductBoard integrates with Intercom, making it easy to collect and manage customer feedback from your Intercom conversations.
- Estimated Dates: ProductBoard allows you to add estimated dates for features, providing visibility into when they are expected to be released.
Features ProductBoard misses
- Weekly Reports: Unlike Headway, ProductBoard does not offer the ability to generate weekly reports.
- Internal Comments: ProductBoard does not have a feature for internal comments, limiting the ability to have internal discussions about customer feedback within the platform.
- Custom CSS: ProductBoard does not provide the option to customize the appearance of the platform using custom CSS.
How much does ProductBoard cost?
ProductBoard's starting price is $20 per month.
They also offer additional pricing tiers based on the size of your team and the specific features you need.
For more information on pricing, you can visit their website.
What is Headway?
Headway is a popular product feedback and customer feedback management tool that allows businesses to collect, organize, and analyze user feedback to improve their products or services.
With Headway, you can centralize feedback from various sources and engage with your customers to gather valuable insights.
How much does Headway cost?
Headway offers different pricing plans to cater to the needs of businesses of all sizes.
The pricing starts at $49 per month for their Startup plan, with higher-tier plans available for larger organizations.
You can visit their website to get more detailed information about their pricing structure.
What are the features of Headway?
Headway provides a quick and easy-to-use feedback solution with a wide range of features.
Some of the key features include a feedback board to collect and manage customer feedback, a public or private roadmap to decide what to build next, a feedback widget to embed in your site or app, and a customer support tool to interact with your team.
It also offers an all-in-one feedback portal, feature voting board, and a user feedback platform.
Why look for Headway alternatives?
While Headway is a powerful tool, it's always good to explore alternatives to find the best fit for your specific needs.
Some reasons you might consider looking for alternatives to Headway include wanting additional features or integrations, seeking a more affordable pricing plan, or simply wanting to try out different user feedback and product management software to find the one that suits your business best.
Is Headway free?
No, Headway is not free.
However, they do offer a free trial period so you can test out the platform and see if it meets your requirements.
This allows you to experience the benefits of Headway before making a decision to invest in their paid plans.
What are some of the best Headway alternatives?
If you're looking for a Headway alternative, there are several great options available.
Some of the top alternatives include tools like UserVoice, Canny, Feature Upvote, and Productboard.
These alternatives offer similar features such as feedback management, feature voting, and product roadmaps, but each has its own unique strengths and pricing structures.
It's worth exploring these alternatives to find the one that best aligns with your business goals and requirements.
How can customer feedback help in product development?
Customer feedback plays a crucial role in product development as it provides valuable insights into the needs, preferences, and pain points of your customers.
By collecting and analyzing customer feedback, you can identify areas for improvement, prioritize new features or enhancements, and make data-driven decisions.
Customer feedback helps you build a better product, enhance customer experience, and foster customer loyalty.
How can I manage customer feedback using Headway or its alternatives?
Both Headway and its alternatives provide comprehensive tools to manage customer feedback.
These tools allow you to centralize feedback from multiple sources, organize it into categories or tags, and track the status and progress of each feedback item.
You can also engage with your customers directly through the platform, respond to their feedback, and keep them updated on your product roadmap.
This helps you stay connected with your customers and ensures that their voices are heard throughout the product development process.
Can I customize the feedback board with my own branding?
Yes, some feedback management tools like Headway and its alternatives offer customization options, including the ability to use your own custom domain and branding.
This ensures that the feedback board aligns with your brand identity and provides a seamless experience for your customers.
How can I involve my team members in the feedback loop?
Both Headway and its alternatives allow you to collaborate with your team members in the feedback loop.
You can invite team members to join the platform, assign feedback items to specific individuals or teams, and have discussions around each feedback item.
This promotes collaboration, transparency, and accountability within your organization, enabling effective teamwork in addressing customer feedback and building better products.
How can I make use of the public roadmap feature?
The public roadmap feature offered by Headway and its alternatives allows you to share your product roadmap with your customers and stakeholders.
This transparency builds trust, keeps your customers informed about the progress of requested features, and enhances their sense of involvement in shaping the product.
It also provides a platform for customers to contribute additional ideas and feature requests, creating a collaborative environment for product development.
Remember, finding the best alternative to Headway is all about identifying your specific needs and evaluating which tool aligns most closely with your business goals.
By considering factors such as pricing, features, customization options, and customer feedback management capabilities, you can make an informed decision that will help you effectively collect, manage, and act upon user feedback.
Best Headway alternative: switch from Headway
In conclusion, after thoroughly comparing Headway with several other parties, it is clear that ProductLift emerges as the ultimate alternative.
With its user-friendly interface, powerful features, and seamless integration options, ProductLift is the perfect choice for those seeking a new and improved experience.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to elevate your productivity - sign up for a free trial of ProductLift today at https://app.productlift.dev/signup!